Application Deadline: February 4, 2019
Apply early to ensure sufficient time for your application to be fully processed. Save on the application fee by submitting by January 21, 2019.
Everything will be submitted at once. You’ll need to enter your audition links and two 100-word biographies into the application form.
- Prepare your audition videos and upload them to YouTube (instructions below).
- Audio-only recordings are NOT acceptable.
- Upload a separate YouTube video for each piece or orchestral excerpt. Make a note of your YouTube links.
- Compose a 100-word musician’s biography, and a 100-word personal biography. Do not exceed 100 words in each – the application form will not allow it.
- Prepare your musician’s résumé, ensuring it is up to date. It should be in pdf format.
- Have a head shot, suitable for promotion purposes, ready. It should be in png, gif, jpeg, or jpg format.
- Complete the YAP on-line application in which you will include the required YouTube links, two biographies, a musician’s résumé and a head shot. The link is provided at the bottom of this page.
PLEASE NOTE: An application cannot be submitted if any of the required fields are left blank.
You will receive an automated email when your application has been submitted successfully.
For any questions or concerns regarding your application process please contact Kelly Symons, YAP Administrator.
Post your audition videos on YouTube per the following instructions.
Please make your videos available on YouTube until further notice from the YAP Administration.
To change an existing video from “public” to “unlisted”:
- Log into YouTube
- Click on “My Channel”
- Click on “Video Manager”
- Next to the video in question, click “Edit” and “Info and Settings”
- Change from “Public” to “Unlisted”
- Click on “Save Modifications”
- More info on changing privacy settings
How to Pay the Application Fee
Instructions will be included in the confirmation email received upon successfully submitting the online application.
Considerations Before You Apply
- Those applying for the YAP should be available for the duration of the program and will be asked to sign an agreement of commitment upon acceptance.
- Those accepted into the YAP and entering Canada should have a valid passport and all necessary documents including Visas. It is the responsibility of the participant to obtain all necessary papers. If you do not have a valid passport, you are urged to apply for a passport IMMEDIATELY. If you are not sure if you need a Visa, please refer to Citizenship and Immigration Canada here.
- New! Visa-exempt foreign nationals who fly to or transit through Canada will now need an Electronic Travel Authorization (eTA). Exceptions include U.S. citizens and travelers with a valid visa. Read about the changes and how they may affect you.
- Any students accepted to the YAP whose school year conflicts with the YAP dates must obtain a leave of absence from their school and arrange to complete all school studies including writing any final exams outside the dates of the Young Artists Program.
- The main form of communication for this program is by email. It is the responsibility of the applicant/participant to check email on a regular basis for communications including audition results.