- GEORGE WALKER Lyric for Strings
- JESSIE MONTGOMERY Starburst
- Jacques Hétu Concerto for Guitar and Strings (Christ Habib, guitar)
- SAMUEL BARBER Knoxville: Summer of 1915 (Jonelle Sills, soprano)
- CARLOS SIMON Portrait of a Queen (Jonelle Sills, narrator)
- Jocelyn Morlock Solace (Yosuke Kawasaki, violin; Rachel Mercer, cello)
The full NAC Orchestra returns to Southam Hall for a diverse and exciting concert filled with contemporary gems!
Canadian guest soloists Jonelle Sills and Christ Habib make their NAC Orchestra debut performances in this concert celebrating Canadian and American composers. We’re redefining the repertoire and throwing wide the doors of the orchestral experience, and we want you to join us! We offer you music for reflection, contemplation and joy, including the exquisite Lyric for Strings, by George Walker (the first Black American composer to win the Pulitzer Prize for music) and Canadian Jocelyn Morlock’s Solace, with solo turns for two of our brilliant orchestra members.
Watch this free livestream concert right here, on this page, at 8pm on Saturday, October 31.
Performance is approximately 90 minutes with no intermission.