- JOSEPH HAYDN Piano Sonata in E minor, Hob. XVI/34
- Maurice RAVEL Menuet sur le nom de Haydn (Minuet on the name of Haydn)
- Maurice RAVEL Miroirs (Reflections)
- ROBERT SCHUMANN Études symphoniques (Symphonic Études), Op. 13
- In-person event
- ≈ 2 hours · With intermission
In the world of international music sensations, Seong-Jin Cho is to classical piano what BTS is to K-Pop—a national hero in South Korea and the source of an explosive interest in classical music among youth, helping to cement South Korea’s promise as a global cultural force.
Seong-Jin’s last decade of participation in piano competitions is littered with awards and trophies, including the prestigious 2015 International Chopin Piano Competition, all of which have catapulted him to the highest reaches of the most sought-after guest pianist roster. Tonight, he returns to Southam Hall for a recital that includes both classical favourites and avant-garde pearls from Haydn, Ravel, and Robert Schumann.