- W.A. Mozart Overture to Die Zauberflöte, K. 620 (The Magic Flute)
- W.A. Mozart Overture to Don Giovanni, K. 527
- W.A. Mozart Symphony No. 40 in G minor, K. 550: I. Molto Allegro
- W.A. Mozart Eine Kleine Nachtmusik: I. Allegro
- W.A. Mozart (Arr. Robert King) Two Themes: I. Andante grazioso; II. Andante
- W.A. Mozart Die Zauberflöte, K. 620 (The Magic Flute): Papageno Aria
- W.A. Mozart Flute Concerto in D major, K. 314: I. Allegro aperto
- Featuring National Arts Centre Orchestra
- conductor Alexander Shelley
- flute (2017 OSM Manulife Competition Winner) Benjamin Morency
- stage director Maxime Genois
- lighting designer Hugo Dalphond
- set designer Camille Barrantes
- artistic consultant Mélanie Dumont
- artistic consultant Wouter Van Looy
- stage manager Laurie Champagne
Suggested for 5-12 years old
Is the concert hall shrinking? How is this possible?! We won’t spoil the surprise, but exciting interactions and playful shape-shifting await you within our listening room! You may find yourself with an orchestra at your fingertips or a solo musician near your ear. Who ever said you needed a magic potion to travel to symphonic lands? Let the playfulness of Mozart’s music performed by the NAC Orchestra and conductor Alexander Shelley, combined with the cleverness of a young stage director and his lighting designer accomplice, bring you a unique experience for the senses!
This concert is a presentation of the BIG BANG Festival which will take place on February 16 and 17 (Family Day in Ontario). Full program coming soon: bigbangfestival.ca
TUNETOWN Pre-concert Activities
Arrive 45 minutes early to participate in hands on pre-concert activities courtesy of the Friends of NAC Orchestra. More than a concert it’s an interactive musical experience! Guaranteed to thrill music lovers of all ages!
NACOtron presented in collaboration with Rogers TV
Rogers TV is very pleased to present NACOtron, in partnership with the National Arts Centre Orchestra. We hope you enjoy the giant images on the NACOtron screen as they capture and magnify the magic of these fabulous concerts.
National Youth and Education Trust
Family Programming is made possible in part by the NAC’s National Youth and Education Trust. The Trust is supported by partners and patrons of the annual NAC Gala and the donors of the NAC Foundation’s Corporate Circle and Donors’ Circle.
Performance is approximately 1 hour with no intermission.