Activity #1 – Exquisite corpse | Collaborative writing game
Materials: Paper and pencils
1. The first player writes a short sentence or phrase on the first line of a sheet of paper (e.g., I woke up this morning in a very bad mood...), folds the paper to conceal what they’ve written, and passes the sheet to the next person.
2. The second player continues the story by writing another sentence or phrase on the next line, folds the paper to conceal their contribution, and passes it to the third person.
3. The third person repeats the process.
P.S. Play as many rounds as you like, and at the end you’ll have a completely wacky story to read aloud.
Activity # 2 – Invented words | Spontaneous imagination game
Materials: Hat, scraps of paper, pencils
1. Each player makes up two words, writes each one on a scrap of paper and puts the papers into the hat. (Sample imaginary word: elemount)
2. Taking turns, players pick a word from the hat and make up a definition for it. (E.g.: An elemount is a special ramp that helps elephants climb mountains.)
Send us your best crazy stories and invented words, together with a drawing of them!