Alexander Shelley, Music Director Designate
- Nicolai Overture to The Merry Wives of Windsor
- Korngold Suite from Much Ado About Nothing
- Mendelssohn Incidental Music to A Midsummer’s Night Dream
Shakespeare comedies inspired this congenial program in honour of the bard’s 450th anniversary. Hollywood film composer Erich Wolfgang Korngold created a delightful accompaniment to Much Ado’s feuding lovers, Beatrice and Benedick.
The Incidental Music to A Midsummer Night’s Dream, with narrator Colm Feore, vocal soloists, and female chorus will cast its spell as Mendelssohn weaves sheer magic in sound; delicate fairies, Bottom’s braying, love themes, and, of course, the beloved Wedding March are all brought together on this special enchanted night.
Post-concert talkback: Ask questions directly to conductors, soloists and other special guests. With William Littler and Paul Lefebvre.
- Alexander Shelley conductor
- Colm Feore narrator
- Donna Feore director
- Maghan McPhee soprano
- Wallis Giunta mezzo-soprano
- Ladies from Ensemble Calixa-Lavallée of the University of Ottawa
- Laurence Ewashko director
- Cantiamo Girls’ Choir
- Jackie Hawley director
- Vocum (Canterbury High School)
- James Caswell director
- Ensemble vocal senior De La Salle
- Robert Filion director
- Laurence Ewashko chorus master
- Normand Chaurette surtitle translation