- John Estacio Frenergy
- Saint-Saëns Introduction and Rondo Capriccioso in A minor, Op. 28
- R. Wagner Overture to Tannhäuser (Paris Version)
- Rossini Overture to William Tell
- Ravel Tzigane for Violin and Orchestra
- Stravinsky Suite from The Firebird (1945 revision)
The National Youth Orchestra of Canada (NYO Canada) and the European Union Youth Orchestra (EUYO) join forces for The Frenergy Tour, a landmark collaboration and celebration of music and friendship, featuring a combined total of 76 outstanding young musicians. Acclaimed Viennese conductor Sascha Goetzel leads the four-city tour, with music by Rossini, Ravel, Saint-Saëns, Stravinsky, and Wagner, as well as Canadian composer John Estacio’s Frenergy for orchestra, connoting both friendship and frenetic energy! Fast-rising violinist and NYO Canada alumnus Blake Pouliot is featured as guest soloist. This ground-breaking tour, including concerts in Toronto, Kingston, Montreal, and Ottawa, is made possible by the European Union Delegation to Canada.
Performance is approximately 1 hour and 40 minutes including intermission