- Debussy Syrinx
- Jocelyn Morlock Oiseaux bleus et sauvages
- JOHANNES BRAHMS Hungarian Dance No. 1
- Ludwig van Beethoven Symphony No. 5 in C minor, Op. 67: I. Allegro con brio
- JOHANNES BRAHMS Hungarian Dance No. 6
- JOHANNES BRAHMS Hungarian Dance No. 21
- CAMILLE SAINT-SAËNS Danse macabre, Opus 40
- ≈ 45 minutes · No intermission
Special NAC Orchestra Family Concert
126 hands joined together in a feast for the eyes and ears
Expect the unexpected when a puppeteer works her shadow theatre magic to the music of the maestro and his 61 musicians in a concert that is a feast for the eyes and ears!
What happens when a skilled illusionist starts messing around with great music? Marcelle Hudon, ingenious puppeteer and mistress of shadow theatre, joins Alexander Shelley and the NAC Orchestra for a visually captivating concert. Puppets and inanimate objects come to life through whimsical light and shadow effects accompanied by Camille Saint-Saëns’ Danse Macabre and Canadian composer Jocelyn Morlock’s Oiseaux bleus et sauvages. Music lovers of all ages should expect the unexpected because magic hands like these can do wonders!
*This show is a presentation of the BIG BANG Festival, two days of fun and “musicolourful” experiments for the entire family – big and small ears alike - at the NAC on February 17-18, 2019.