Montreal’s Bellflower blends hybrid jazz, orchestral pop, and soaring harmonies to deliver an unforgettable musical experience. The creative juices flow effortlessly between these eight exceptional musicians, assembled around singer-songwriter Em Pompa, whose powerful voice transports us with poetic lyrics and organic vocals.
Bellflower’s ingenuity seems limitless, offering indie-alt electro-pop music that alternates between ambient and energetic with elements of jazz improv. The band has released two albums to popular and critical acclaim and performed on festival stages across the country.
This concert is part of Canada Scene’s free Scene@6 series. Running every evening at 6:00 from July 2 to 23, the series showcases this country’s top folk, roots, world, and jazz artists in the NAC’s new Atrium.
This Montreal band truly is one of a kind.Colette Schryburt, rrverb.com
- Lead voicals, guitar Em Pompa
- Drums, back vocal, guitar William Côté
- Tenor sax, synthesizer, sampling Félix FELP Petit
- Bass, synth bass Jérémi CHIENVOLER Roy
- Piano, synth, keys Jérôme Beaulieu
- Trumpet, flugelhorn Nicolas Boulay
- Sax (soprano, alto, tenor), flute, alto flute, bass clarinet Alex Dodier
- Back vocal, percs Kath Samman