The Zones Théâtrales biennial is a professional theatre event that seeks to showcase artists from Francophone communities across Canada. It is an opportunity to come together, build lasting connections, and celebrate Francophone theatre. This event would simply not be possible without the generous support of volunteers who contribute to the welcoming reception of artists, participants, and spectators. Get involved and help ensure the success of this ninth edition of the Zones Théâtrales!
Required skills and qualifications
- Ability to communicate fluently in French (bilingualism in both official languages is an asset);
- Excellent customer service and strong interpersonal skills;
- Enthusiasm and a dynamic attitude;
- Organizational abilities and punctuality;
- Capacity to adapt to changing tasks and situations;
- General knowledge of the City of Ottawa and its surroundings;
- Permission from a parent/guardian (for volunteers younger than 18).
Duties before the Zones Théâtrales
- Familiarize yourself with the official program so that you can provide relevant and accurate information on Zones Théâtrales events and activities;
- Agree to attend a short information session about the health and safety policies of the NAC.
Duties during the Zones Théâtrales
- Greet artists, guests, presenters and members of the public and provide answers to their questions;
- Help guests and members of the public find their way to different spaces within the NAC and other venues;
- Distribute information kits to artists and participants, and programs to visitors and members of the public;
- Offer information related to transportation, accommodation and scheduling to artists (if need be);
- Supervise art installations open to the public and manage the circulation of visitors through the space;
- Ensure that visitors are respecting sanitary measures;
- Other related duties as required.
Duties after Zones Théâtrales
- Fill out a short volunteer evaluation form.
Perks for volunteers :
- Opportunity to attend certain performances (if reduced capacities due to current sanitary conditions permit);
- Your very own t-shirt featuring the Zones Théâtrales 2021 logo, and other Zones Théâtrales promotional material, if applicable;
- Your invaluable support to Franco-Canadian theatre.