Street closures around the NAC during Ottawa Race Weekend
On Friday, May 26, 2017:
- Queen Elizabeth Dr., Somerset to NAC closed, except for deliveries
On Saturday, May 27, 2017:
- Laurier Ave. (Nicholas St. to Elgin St.) 1 p.m. - 9 p.m.
- Elgin St. (Laurier Ave. to Frank St.) 1 p.m. – 7:30 p.m.
- Elgin St., both directions (from Laurier Ave. to Queen Street) 1 p.m. – 7:30 p.m. (cross traffic allowed before and after the 5 K race starts at 16:00)
- Queen Street (Elgin to O’Connor) 3:30 p.m. – 4:30 p.m.
- Queen Elizabeth Dr., Pretoria to NAC closed all weekend
- Traffic exiting NAC parking garage will have to be directed to Albert Street exitonly.
- Expect delays exiting the garage.
- Traffic exiting NAC parking garage at end of the evening shows on Saturday will be able to go west on Laurier Avenue, only after 21:00.
On Sunday, May 28, 2017:
- Laurier Ave. (Nicholas St. to Elgin St.) 5 a.m. – 3:30 p.m.
- Elgin St., both directions (from Laurier Ave. to Queen Street) 5 a.m. – 10:30 a.m. (cross traffic allowed before and after all races start)
- Queen Elizabeth Dr. (Pretoria to NAC) 5 a.m. – 2:30 pm, and from Somerset Street west to NAC closed until 6 pm.
- Both Chaudière and Alexandria bridges closed
Traffic exiting NAC parking garage will be redirected to Albert Street exit all-day Sat & Sun.
Taxis should enter NAC parking garage from Albert Street when dropping off clients and they may have to exit same way from Albert exit.
It is possible to stop on MacKenzie bridge outside our Marketing doors to drop off or pick up someone. Our NAC wayfinders will assist those clients before and after the shows.
Traffic will be permitted to cross Elgin St. at Slater and Albert for a short period of time.
For more details on the road closures, visit the Run Ottawa Website.