PROGRAMS: WORKSHOPS AND RESIDENCIES
TERMS AND CONDITIONS
Event registration confirmation
- All orders must be submitted online. When you are ready to submit your order, ensure that your valid email address is entered correctly.
- Once you have completed and submitted your registration form, you will receive an order confirmation email, and we will be in touch by email to coordinate.
- Please allow up to fourteen (14) business days between the receipt of your order and the anticipated date of the event. We recommend verifying your junk mail in case any of your confirmation email(s) are caught by spam filters.
- You may receive additional information related to the event(s) for which you registered at the email address you provided on your event order form.
- The mail-in payment of the applicable fee for the program should be received within the 30 days following the event at the latest.
- If the registrant has a previous unpaid balance, new registrations will not be accepted until the existing balance is paid in full.
- The fees may be subject to sales tax, value-added tax, or other taxes which will be charged to the participant in addition to the fees.
- The NAC will accept one (1) payment per invoice for the total amount indicated.
- Mail-in cheques are the only accepted payment method.
- Payment should be made payable to National Arts Centre
- Your payment(s) should include your invoice(s) number(s)
Payment should be addressed to:
National Arts Centre Corporation
P.O. Box 1534, Stn B
Ottawa, ON K1P 5W1
- All sales are final.
- Once an invoice has been issued by the NAC, booking cancellations will not be accepted for any reason and the participant will be liable for full payment.
- If you do not attend or access the event you purchased, you are still responsible for full payment and partial refunds will not be issued.
- Bookings cannot be refunded or exchanged where an event is cancelled by the National Arts Centre due to unforeseen circumstances including but not limited to the following circumstances:
- Any cause beyond the NAC’s control, such as a software or hosting platform issue, an act or a decision by a public authority, popular uprising, strike, lockout or labour conflict (whether the Centre and/or the Artist is the object or not), epidemic (excluding the COVID-19 pandemic), interruption or transportation delay, state of war or emergency, or any other cause beyond the control of the parties (collectively a “Force Majeure”).
- In the event of a Force Majeure, the Centre may, by written notice, cancel this agreement without liability for repayment of booking fees and reschedule the event within the school year currently in effect at the time of the cancellation. If an event cannot be rescheduled, the school will be refunded accordingly.
For teachers, parents, or guardians of a student under the age of majority:
- Teachers are responsible for notifying parents/guardians of the content of these Terms and Conditions prior to a NAC Arts Alive program.
- The school is responsible for ensuring that at least one member of staff is present and retains custody of the classroom throughout the entirety of the NAC teaching artist(s)’s visit / virtual event in question.
- Teachers, parents, or guardians must strictly monitor the use of the internet in connection with all virtual programs by any youth participant under 18 years of age. This includes all provisions contained in these Terms and Conditions.
- To keep youth participants safe and on-task, all youth participants under the age of 18 years of old and taking part in a NAC Arts Alive virtual program requires the supervision of an adult (parent/guardian or teacher) while online.
- The registrant agrees to indemnify and hold the National Arts Centre harmless from and against any and all claims for bodily injury or property damage in connection with or relating to any actions, claims, or demands by third parties, in short, to the extent that such actions, claims or demands are based upon the acts, defaults, or neglects of the participant or any of its agents. The National Arts Centre agrees to indemnify the participant mutually and in accordance with the terms of the participant’s indemnification of the National Arts Centre as articulated in this section.
- Respect should be demonstrated towards the NAC teaching artist(s), staff, and fellow participants at all times.
- Bullying, profanity, harassment, or discrimination of any kind, including, but not limited to, improper, embarrassing, and/or humiliating remarks are strictly prohibited while using the NAC platforms designed for virtual events and will not be tolerated.
- Additionally, teachers should review their school board’s Code of Conduct Policy with students, parents and/or guardians prior to attending (or participating in) an NAC Arts Alive virtual program.
- The NAC maintains “zero tolerance” for harassment or violence in the workplace. All participants are required to uphold the requirements of this policy and will be held accountable for their actions and behaviour. A copy of the NAC’s full Harassment in the Workplace policy is available online
- Interactive programs may involve an appropriate level of physical activity. As with any physical activity, there are inherent risks of bodily injury. By requesting this activity, the school/organization acknowledges and accepts responsibility for communicating and mitigating this risk to participants and/or their parents/legal guardians.
- The school/organization agrees to inform participants that, while participating in this activity, if the participant experiences discomfort or difficulty, they should stop.
- The school/organization acknowledges that they retain custody of participants throughout the activity.
- Although the instructors are certified in their field of expertise, participants should undertake the activity at their own risk.
- The school/organization shall indemnify, and save harmless the National Arts Centre Corporation, its officers, directors, governors, employees (collectively the “Indemnified Party”), and contractors from and against all claims, demands, investigations and related liabilities, damages, expenses and other losses, (including legal costs) (collectively “Losses”) against, or suffered by participating in this activity.
ADDITIONAL TERMS AND CONDITIONS FOR VIRTUAL PROGRAMS
In addition to the above terms and conditions, by registering for and attending a virtual NAC Arts Alive program, you agree to the following:
Be prepared for your virtual workshops and concerts
- Registrants are responsible for hosting virtual events through a platform of their choice. Please share the meeting link with the teaching artist at least 24 hours in advance.
- Please be ready for the virtual workshop and start meetings 15 minutes before the start time and, if needed, take a break before the workshop begins.
- We hope all attendees will take full advantage of the experience by concentrating on the activities and applying their energy in a positive manner.
- Teachers and/or those in positions of authority are expected to take on an active role in moderating and facilitating interaction with the teaching artist.
- For best streaming quality, your broadband internet connection should not be less than 15 mbps. There are websites available to test your internet speed. If possible, connect your laptop or computer through a hardwired ethernet cable, instead of using wifi.
- If possible, please set up your classroom in a way that the teaching artist(s) can see as many students as possible on camera. This includes having a laptop or device with a built-in camera, or a webcam, facing the students, and adequate lighting. This ensures we can get the maximum engagement from students.
- Please be prepared to mute your microphone or your students microphones as necessary in the event of feedback or poor audio quality.
- Please be prepared to turn off your camera or your students’ cameras in the event of an unstable connection.
- If possible, provide a USB or other type of microphone for students to use to ask questions. This ensures better sound quality so that the teaching artist(s) can interact with students more easily. You may also wish to set-up your device at the front of your classroom, and have students take turns coming-up the camera/microphone to ask questions.
Personal information sharing prohibited
- Sharing and/or receiving personal information, including, but not limited to, phone number, address, email address, date of birth, social media account address, is strictly prohibited.
- The NAC is not responsible for personal information sharing and/or receiving by any youth participant and/or teacher, parent or guardian via Zoom, social media or any other virtual platform during the event.
- The NAC is not responsible for any consequence arising from such sharing and/or receiving of personal information.
- The NAC is unable to call back any personal Information once shared by any youth participant and/or parent or guardian once it has been shared.
- Participants are prohibited from recording an NAC Arts Alive program or to republish or rebroadcast it in any format.
Practice online safety
- Notify a NAC staff member or parent immediately if you come across information, messages, interactions with any other person involved with, teaching, or attending the class, or images that are inappropriate, threatening, dangerous, or make you feel uncomfortable.
- Do not engage with faculty and staff through any social media platform, other than the platform designated for the course. Any communication with faculty and NAC staff outside normal class time should take place through NAC emails and phone numbers.
- The use, display, sharing and/or publication of any threatening, defamatory, vulgar, explicit or illegal words, images, videos or other materials is strictly prohibited and will be reported to appropriate authorities.
Failure to comply with the terms and conditions as outlined in this policy will result in removal from the virtual program. If you are removed from the program for failure to comply with any of the terms and conditions outlined in this policy, no refunds will be provided.
Participants acknowledge they have read and understand these terms. By participating in NAC Arts Alive programs, each participant agrees to be bound by the terms and conditions as well as applicable Federal and Provincial laws.
Thank you! We look forward to sharing our passion for the arts with you and your students.