Street closures around NAC during the Ottawa Race weekend
On Saturday, May 23, 2015:
- Laurier Ave. (Nicholas St. to Elgin St.) 1 p.m. - 9 p.m.
- Elgin St. (Laurier Ave. to Frank St.) 1 p.m. - 7 p.m.
- Elgin St., both directions (from Laurier Ave. to Queen Street) 1 p.m. – 6 p.m. (cross traffic allowed before and after race starts)
- Queen Elizabeth Dr., Pretoria to NAC closed all weekend
- Traffic exiting NAC parking garage after matinee shows will have to be directed to Albert Street exit only.
- Expect delays exiting the garage.
- Traffic exiting NAC parking garage after evening performances will proceed as usual.
On Sunday, May 24, 2015:
- Laurier Ave. (Nicholas St. to Elgin St.) 5 a.m. – 2:30 p.m.
- Elgin St., both directions (from Laurier Ave. to Queen Street) 5 a.m. – 10 a.m. (cross traffic allowed before and after race starts)
- Queen Elizabeth Dr. (Pretoria to NAC) 5 a.m. – 3:30 pm, and from Somerset Street west to NAC closed until 6 pm.
- Both Chaudière and Alexandria bridges closed
Deliveries access to the NAC stage door area shall be pre-arranged and allowed at Laurier and QED only before noon on Saturday and after 11 am on Sunday (Contact: Joe DuVall 613 292-7102).
Traffic exiting NAC parking garage will be redirected to Albert Street exit all-day Saturday and Sunday.
Traffic exiting NAC parking garage at end of the evening shows on Saturday will be able to go west on Laurier Avenue, only after 21:00.
Drive through traffic from the Box Office will be allowed to go into the garage at Canal entrance and to exit at Albert Street.
Traffic will be permitted to cross Elgin St. at Slater and Albert for a short period of time.
Note that parking at the World Exchange Plaza Garage on Metcalfe is free on weekends.
Should you have any questions, please do not hesitate to contact me. Thank you.
Mike Chebbo, P.Mgr.
Manager, Parking and Security
613 947-7000 x487 | Fax: 613 947-3934
Arrive early! Our 900-space indoor parking garage often fills to capacity as early as 19:00, especially when all three NAC halls are sold on the same night. Should the garage be full, other parking lots just a short distance from the NAC are listed below for your convenience.
Entrances: The underground parking entrances are located on Elgin (at corner of Slater) on Albert Street, and at the end of Freiman Lane (NAC Box Office ramp).
Don't forget to take note of your parking section. A plan of the garage is available at the parking office, the advance sales desk in the Foyer, and at the garage exits. We also feature reserved parking for the mobility impaired. Patrons needing directions can address the parking attendants.Parking hours: (with parking attendants)
Monday to Friday: 8:00 to Midnight
Saturday: 8:00 to 1:00
Sunday: Open 2 hours before curtain until the end of the last performance.
7 Days / 24 hr.
Additional indoor parking is available at:
Rideau Centre - Access from Nicholas Street across from the Novotel Hotel
World Exchange - 45 O'Connor Street across from Metcalfe Street or Queen Street
City Hall Plaza - 111 Lisgar Street access from the south side of Laurier Avenue
or from Elgin Street between the Court House and the heritage building.
Parking Rates (HST exempt):
Enter before 16:00 : $3.00 per half hour ($18.00 maximum)
Enter after 16:00 : $3.00 per half hour ($11.00 maximum)
24 hour period : $3.00 per half hour ($20.00 maximum)
Weekend Rates: $3.00 per half hour ($11.00 maximum)
Meter Rate: $1.00 per 10 min.
Monthly Rate: $240.00
If you have any questions with regard to this change, please feel free to contact us by phone at (613) 947-7000, extension 488, by fax at (613) 947-3934 or by email at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Parking at and around the NAC (PDF, 111k)
Find free bicycle parking in our indoor garage next to the main exit lane from level 3 to Queen Elizabeth Dr. (3 racks)
across from the Box Office (2 racks)
outside our administration offices on the sidewalk of MacKenzie Bridge (1 rack)
outside Le Café terrace by the canal (1 rack)