NAC English Theatre Presentation
- Playwright Hannah Moscovitch
- Director Christian Barry
A 2b theatre company (Halifax, NS) Production
Part high-energy musical and part darkly funny folktale, Old Stock: A Refugee Love Story stars genre-bending sensation Ben Caplan, one of Canada’s most riveting and compelling performers. Written by Ottawa’s own Hannah Moscovitch, this klezmer music-theatre hybrid is inspired by the true story of two Jewish Romanian refugees who immigrated to Canada in 1908.
Shifting seamlessly between heartbreak and joy, Old Stock is about losing everything and finding the courage to make a new start.
- Songs by Ben Caplan & Christian Barry* *Except for Traveler’s Curse by Geoff Berner and The Happy People by Danny Rubenstein **Additional Music Composed by Graham Scott
- Set Designers Louisa Adamson and Christian Barry
- Lighting Designers Louisa Adamson and Christian Barry
- Sound Designers Jordan Palmer, Graham Scott, Christian Barry et Ben Caplan
- Costume Designer Carly Beamish
- Assistant Director Laura Vingoe-Cram
- Voice and Speech Coach Susan Stackhouse
- Production Manager and Stage Manager Louisa Adamson
- Tech Manager, Sound Engineer & Operator Rory Howson
- Rehearsal Stage Manager Christine Oakey
- Rehearsal Production Assistant Patricia Vinluan
“A hugely engaging experience.”
Reserve now to guarantee availability!Reserve Now
We will follow up within 5 business days to confirm your order and calculate pricing.
Admissions cannot be purchased at/through the NAC Box Office.
A post-performance talkback takes place after each student matinee performance, allowing time to debrief, discuss and debate the work, as well as ask questions of the artists.
Free Preview Tickets for Teachers
We’re pleased to offer a pair of complimentary tickets to a preview performance for teachers who have reserved for their students, allowing you and a guest to attend the performance prior to bringing your class.
Copies of scripts for most of our productions are available upon request. To obtain reading copies please email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Complete a Reservation
You must reserve tickets to attend student matinees.
Once we receive your reservation we will follow up by email or telephone to confirm the details of your order, to calculate pricing, and to confirm any special instructions. We will then send you an invoice.
Please review ticket reservations, payments and policies prior to submitting your order.