- Choir Ottawa Gay Men's Choir
The Ottawa Gay Men's Chorus presents a musical interlude in the Glass Thorsteinson Staircase before the NAC Orchestra's performance in Southam Hall.
Choeur gai d’Ottawa Gay Men’s Chorus is a local, independent, charitable organization, the mission of which is to perform quality choral music and to contribute to the LGBTQ community. The chorus achieves its mission by:
- providing an opportunity for gay men to affirm their identity
- providing mutual support for members
- promoting LGBTQ artists and their works
- broadening musical tastes
- developing musical skills
- building a bilingual repertoire
- co-operating with other elements of the LGBTQ community to foster a positive image
What is Musically Speaking?
Connect deeper with the orchestra with preconcert, intermission, and postconcert talks. Hear wide-ranging conversations that are sure to expose the compelling stories behind the music and why it was selected for performance. Musically Speaking is your chance to gain artistic and historical insight straight from the mouth of music critics, journalists and even the evening’s performers.