MusicFest Canada presents a series of interactive jazz mini concerts led by award-winning musicians who will demonstrate some tips and tricks on Jazz and improvisation.
Sponsored by Humber, Yamaha and Ludwig
ABOUT MUSICFEST CANADA
Staged in a major Canadian city each year, MusicFest Canada is the ultimate experience in combining music and education and is a moving force in the cultural life of Canada's youth. These young musicians perform in hundreds of ensembles and attend showcase concerts, clinics, feature cabarets and workshops for an intense, non-stop six days.
More than 8,000 of the country’s most outstanding young musicians from every corner of Canada are on their way to Ottawa for the 47th annual MusicFest Canada, North America's largest festival dedicated to developing musical talent. The Nationals take place from May 13-18 at the National Arts Centre, the Bronson Centre, Knox Presbyterian Church, First Baptist Church, and the University of Ottawa. For more detailed schedule information, please visit musicfest.ca.
Students from the elementary to high school levels are invited to attend MusicFest Canada Nationals after securing top adjudications at the regional level in concert band, orchestra, choral, vocal jazz or instrumental jazz categories. This year, the NAC will host the concert band and orchestra performances during the national week-long music festival.
The objectives of MusicFest Canada are:
- To provide an opportunity for students and educators from across Canada and elsewhere to meet and to demonstrate and to share their musical achievements and creativity.
- To evaluate and reflect on musical achievement and creativity in a constructive and educationally focused way.
- To encourage the study and performance of music written and arranged by Canadian composers.
- To complement and enhance the teaching, learning and growing process.
- To foster and promote a lifelong interest in music as a basic human experience.
Performance is approximately Approximately 1 hour with no intermission.