OPEN TO EVERYONE
In 2014 Peggy Baker devised Flux, in which a simple set of guidelines that are followed by dancers, non-dancers, and wheelchair users instantly creates a spontaneous, ever-evolving, and gloriously eventful group choreography.
FluxDelux is literally the deluxe version of Flux, and marries contemporary dance with cutting-edge new media technology through a tailor-made iOS app, designed by creative technologist Jacob Niedzwiecki. Movement instructions are delivered to pedestrians and wheelchair users via the app, though earphones.
Even without the app, anyone can join in the creation and performance of an instant mass choreography.
To participate, you can choose from one of three available tools:
- For iPhone users: the custom iPhone app. Search for “FluxDelux” in your App Store app;
- For Android users: an MP3 audio file. Instructions will be shared at the start of the workshop; or,
- For those without a smartphone: Peggy’s simple set of instructions.
For FluxDelux the all-abilities audience are the performers, negotiating space with creative physicality and generosity.
What You’ll Need:
- iPhone or smartphone if you have one
- sensible shoes
- comfortable clothes that are easy to move in
- make sure you have a safe pocket for your device
- water bottle
- your sense of adventure