Call for volunteers!
Thank you for your interest in volunteering with Canada Scene.
Due to its scope and size, organizing a festival such as Canada Scene would simply not be possible without the generous support of its volunteers. We invite you to help out in a number of ways: assistance will be required with artist transportation, reception at the information kiosks, merchandise sales, front of house, hospitality, and administration.
Canada Scene Volunteer Job Descriptions
For all volunteer positions, bilingualism is an asset. Please note that a police record check is also required.
- Drive artists and presenters to and from Canada Scene venues, hotel and airport
- Transport items such as musical instruments and production gear
- A clean driving record is mandatory
- Work outside normal volunteer shift hours may be required
- General knowledge of the Ottawa-Gatineau region.
- Greet and distribute information to presenters, delegates, and other guests
- Provide assistance to the Presenters Program Coordinator
- Ensure the hospitality suite is tidy before and after greeting hours
- Lay out / put away food and beverages
- Hosting and serving experience is an asset
- Answering telephone inquiries
- Clerical duties
- Attention to detail
- Computer / clerical experience is an asset
Front of House
- Take tickets and direct concert-goers to their seats
- Distribute programs (when available)
- Set up and run information and concession area during intermission
Booth locations: National Arts Centre, the Ottawa airport, Sheraton Hotel
- Inform the public in a courteous, friendly manner
- Welcome artists and presenters to Canada Scene and the National Arts Centre
- Distribute artist / presenter bags
- Provide artists and presenters with information and directions regarding transportation, set-up schedules and venues as necessary
- Must possess effective communication skills
The above-mentioned positions may include any or all the duties listed.